November 3, 2012

Apps I Love - C25K by Zen Labs

There are a lot of c25k apps out there. But considering I didn't know how serious I would be about this whole running idea, I didn't want to pay for one. This app had the best reviews so I decided to try it out.

My c25k journey has been atypical. I repeated weeks until I finally realized, I need to run almost every day or my body just rejects the idea of improving on my running skills. So I'm using this app 6 days a week. I run the week I'm supposed to run but I fall back to the past week (or even further back if I'm feeling sluggish) during my "rest days". It's worked well for me so far and I haven't gotten injured since, let's be honest, the first few weeks of this program is not very strenuous.

Reasons I love this app:

  1. It's free! 
  2. The cues to start running or walking are verbal so I don't have to keep checking the app
  3. If you want, you can see how much time you have left for any run (I try not to do this since it causes my body to just give up)
  4. It allows you to listen to your own music
  5. It allows you to go back to any day you wish to repeat
What I wish it did:
  1. Record your path/distance
  2. Record your calorie burn
  3. Ads are irritating - but hey, it's free. If I go to C210K, I'm considering buying the next app. 
I have solved these issues by using the Nike+ Running app along with the Zen app but it would be nice if it did it all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment