November 9, 2012

Friday Readings 11/9 - So many good reads!

Woman fired for Obama racial slur on Facebook (SFGATE - tweeted n-word in reference to president and hope for assassination. Fired from cold stone creamery)
 Where Fox News goes from here (SFGATE - I'd answer that with the house)
Feds sue Senor Frog's for Hawaii sexual harassment  (SFGATE - the waitresses weren't even 21!)
Woman alleges Waffle House CEO demanded sex acts (SFGATE - I wonder what her role was? Receptionist? Admin assistant? VP of a large group? Who knows.)
 Donald Trump deletes parts of Twitter tirade (SFGATE - Trump deletes tweets on revolution)
Kayak selling itself to Priceline (SFGATE - Kayak sold for 1.8B. not sure if it was worth that, but I guess priceline thinks so. How much was each referral worth?)
Romney team accidentally posts victory site (SFGATE - Romney team "accidentally" posts winning site)
401(k) balances hit record high (CNN - finally. I think the everyone is worried america is just not saving enough)
Here comes the Windows Phone Hail Mary (CNN - if they had the apps to go along with it, I would highly consider the windows phone or at least the tablet. I hope there are sales on the tablet for xmas)
JC Penney shares sink on $203 million loss (CNN - I hope JCP can hang on long enough to see Johnson's changes take shape. New brands, new style, he just needs more time for people to go to the stores and see. I wouldn't be surprised if they make smaller stores vs their anchor stores.)
Sears will offer Black Friday deals 5 days early (CNN - I like the idea of segregated deals in order to avoid the rush to enter the store, but five days early is just a sale, not a black friday sale)
Jeans Tight? It’s Sandy (NYT - New Yorkers gained weight during the power outage. Think about having a fridge full of expensive food that is going to rot. Eating what you thought could be your last meal or two or three)
Step One: Nail Down Your Turkey Plan (NYT - butterflying your turkey and various turkey options)
When Breast Isn’t Best (NYT - try your best, but it isn't always in the cards. The benefits of not breastfeeding. I had a friend who went into depression because of this but has two healthy happy children who grew up on formula. Don't beat yourselves up about this moms)
Plus-Size and Blazing a New Path (NYT - there is a market here! Why isn't there a high fashion store for larger women? And I don't mean that Wal-mart should offer better items, I mean there should be a brand and store made for larger women with high end fashion)
Walk in a Mall, Receive a Mobile Coupon (NYT - don't we complain about people walking around and only looking at their phone? I like gaining messages about what's a good buy and a coupon but I wouldn't want to stop at the entrance of a store and block people while I look at my phone. I would also feel rude to the workers of the store.)
Losing Power but Finding a Way to Connect (NYT - New Yorkers finding shelter with friends. A funny read)
Little to Show for Cash Flood by Big Donors (NYT - You can't buy an election. Didn't we learn this four years ago when Meg and Carly tried to buy seats)



No comments:

Post a Comment