November 9, 2012

Huffington Post "How College Students Save and Spend Money"


How College Students Save And Spend Money (Huffington Post - see below)

I found this very interesting. I had to pay/loan most of my education and was even cheaper than their suggestions.


  1. I became an Resident Advisor. Paid for housing and food as well as paid us a small stipend.
  2. Also worked while an RA. I was a Teaching Assistant (TA) for elementary algebra and Electrical Engineering 101. Honestly, though this brought in a lot of money and looked excellent on my resume, it was hell.
  3. Didn't drink. Sure, I may not have had the "college experience" that others had, but I had a ton of fun, was always going to events and enjoying myself, and made up for the "lost" experiences in grad school. 
  4. No car. The bus sucked especially in the snow. It was really hard to get groceries (but I was living as an RA, I didn't really need them!). It was a long ride to the mall. But I went to a college town school. The school was made to have everything in walking/free bus distance. I was out of state so I didn't need a car to go home every weekend 
Honestly, a lot of the items on this infographic is on what I would consider wants vs needs. Not every kid should get season tickets to the football stadium, their own apartment with car and eat out every night. 


By Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment