November 30, 2012

Five minute Garlic Feta Dip. Just Three Ingredients!



As always, I'm running late and forgot to make an appetizer for a house visit. How I'm always forgetting one last step or ingredient is crazy but apparently consistent for me. Well, this weekend we went over to our cousin's house and volunteered to bring over something to snack on. I had totally forgotten and looked in to the fridge to see what we could bring. Feta Dip!

I recalled this pin I saw and checked to see if I had everything. It was so simple, I thought for sure I would be OK. So if you have a bunch of feta in your fridge, good oil and garlic you can make the base of this easy dip. After those ingredients the rest is to get fancy!


It asked for 8 oz of feta. two cups was very close to the 8oz I measured on my food scale

I used a ton of garlic, like three cloves. Recipe says to use only one but we love garlic! 


Add feta and oil to the mixer and go at it! I added half the oil in initially and then added more in slowly but ended up using it all! 

That's it! Simple right! The recipe calls for lemon but we thought it was already a bit sour.
I cut up some cucumbers for a light snack

Here's the recipe from SweetPaul.typepad.com

Lemon and feta dip
Serves 4
8oz feta cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic, chopped
6 tablespoons olive oil+ extra for serving
fresh thyme
Place feta, lemon zest and juice, garlic and olive oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
Spoon into a bowl and drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with thyme.
Serve with grilled tomatoes and grilled pita bread drizzled with olive oil, salt and thyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment