November 21, 2012

Mini Pull Apart Bread - Garlic and Jalapeno

I fell in love with these pull apart bread appetizers on pinterest: inthekitchenwithpolly.com and the-girl-who-ate-everything.com and changeabletable.com. All had a simple recipe: cut up the bread, stick cheese into the slits, stick whatever you want into it, cover it with butter, cover it with foil and then bake it.

I wanted to do a trial set before serving it to my guests (I'm a freak, I do this all the time). I found this mini bread boule from Wal-Mart! I wanted sourdough but I was stuck going to Wal-Mart and this was the only bread boule I could find.

I wasn't keen on putting the recommended amount of butter (a whole stick!) on my dish. So I used olive oil instead. Also, I used thin sliced Sargento colby jack cheese.


Cute little boule of bread





Cut slices in one direction but not all the way through the bottom. Use a good serrated knife

Then cut in the opposite direction, these will be the pull apart bread pieces
Stuff with cheese. I cut the cheese in half and put those in one direction. Then cut the cheese in quarters to stick in the opposite direction. 
Then I stuff in the chopped garlic. 

And then the jalapeno.
Drizzled about two tablespoons of oil over the top
Then wrapped it up...though it didn't fit. 

So I had to use another pice of foil to cover the full bun.  Then into the 350 degree oven. 

After twenty minutes, I unwrapped it and then baked it for ten more minutes. 
Right out of the oven. Yum!

Cheesy goodness. 
Tips:
  1. Use more cheese. I thought I was saving some calories by not using a lot of cheese, but you really need it to make it gooey cheesy.
  2. Easy to save cals by using good oil vs butter
  3. I decided to use these mini boule instead of a large boule of bread for my guests. It allows for me to try two different flavors of goodness. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment