November 23, 2012

Crockpot Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes

As you can tell from my blog, I love to use the crock pot. I registered for this mini crock pot after visiting my friends and they had one for hot dips. But after we did our first party with a hot dip, I started to wonder what I else I could use this crock pot for. Enter mashed potatoes!

From pinterest, I noticed some recipes of crock pot mashed potatoes. I figured it would work in the mini crock as well to make a smaller portion for just me and my husband.


Cut up two medium potatoes and put it in the crock. Add about a quarter cup of chicken stock and couple of pats of butter and a clove of garlic per potato.

  In this pic you can see how tiny my crock pot is.
I was very worried about how little liquid was in the crock but it worked!
After two hours on low, just mash up the potatoes and garlic (or you can remove the garlic if you like). 


I added a small dab of cream cheese and a dollop of light sour cream to the mashed potatoes.

I like my potatoes chunky, so this was perfect for me! If you want a smoother potato, add another half an hour of time. 

Recipe from Budget Savvy Diva (I adapted this to one pound of potatoes): 

  • 5 Pounds of Russet Potatoes
  • 1 garlic clove minced
  • 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup butter, cut into small cubes chunks
  • 1 1/4 cup light  sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/3 cup milk, warmed
  • 2 ounces of light cream cheese ( really makes a difference)


No comments:

Post a Comment